The Department offers B.Tech. Computer Science & Engineering and M.Tech. Computer Science & Engineering. The Computer Science students learn to develop, test various algorithms and problems in various domains. The Department provides exposure to emerging technologies.
The M.Tech. programme in Computer Science and Engineering imparts a breadth of advanced knowledge in various area of Computer Science. The first semester of the programme is aimed at providing breadth in CSE. The subsequent semesters aim at providing avenues for specializing in one or more streams within Computer Science. The programme includes advance courses in Computer Architecture, Algorithms, Networking, Databases, Distributed Computing and Computational Intelligence. The purpose of the programme is to generate human resources capable of supporting R & D activities in area like Image processing, Software Engineering, Cloud Computing, Network Security, Data Analytics etc. The Department also provides scholarship to GATE Qualified students.
|1.||B.Tech. – Computer Engineering||4 years / 8 Semesters||60||Download|
|2.||B.Tech. – Computer Science & Engg.||4 years / 8 Semesters||60||
|3.||B.Tech. – Software Engg.||In Collaboration with Thompson Rivers University, CANADA||30||Download|
|4.||M.Tech. – Computer Science & Engg.||2 years / 4 Semesters||25||Download|
|5.||BCA (Bachelors of Computer Applications)||3 years / 6 Semesters||40||Download|
|6.||MCA (Masters of Computer Applications)||3 years / 6 Semesters||25||Download|
|7.||Doctor of Philosophy (Computer Science & Engg.)||3-5 Years||–||Download|
|8.||Doctor of Philosophy (Computer Application)||3-5 Years||–||Download|
Our Faculty Members
The Department of Computer Science and Engineering conducts research in fields of Network Security, Computer Networks, Big Data Analysis, Cloud Computing and Wireless Sensor Networks.
The department has state-of-the-art Laboratories with a capacity of 80+ computer systems, Projector, Online power backup. Licensed software like Microsoft Office, Symantec Norton Antivirus, Compiler, Qualnet simulator. Currently, Department has Programming Lab, Research Lab and Data Science Lab and setting up Networking lab, Open Source Lab and Networking lab.
Salient Features of the Department
- Regular interaction with experts from industry in the field of Big Data Analytics.
- Workshops are arranged to provide practical training to the students on emerging technology of Cloud Computing.
- Access to research papers from reputed International Journals in the field of Computer Science.
- State-of-the-art lab established in collaboration with IBM.
- Library with latest books from leading national and international publishers.
- Faculty with vast experience in the field of Big Data Analytics and related fields.
- Research oriented curriculum designed to enable students to acquire all the skills needed to collect and analyze the data.
- High speed internet facilities to enable students to download research papers and open source software.
Events (FDPs / Workshops / Seminars)
- 1-day Workshop on IOT(Internet Of Things).
- 1-day Workshop on NS-2 (Network Simulator Version 2). It is an open-source event-driven simulator designed specifically for research in computer communication networks.
- 6-day National Workshop on Big Data Analysis organized by IKGPTU & AICRAD Study Pvt. Ltd. (June 6 – 11, 2016).
- 2-day Workshop on Cloud Computing organized by IKGPTU in collaboration with IIT-Bhubaneswar (October 31 – November 1, 2015).
Faculty Participation/Paper Presentation in Conferences
- Dr. Monika Sachdeva attended Recent Flash Events : A Study organized by TEQIP at SBSSTC, Ferozepur (August 8 – 9, 2014).
- Dr. Monika Sachdeva attended An Emulation Based DDoS Attacks on Web Computer and Communication Services during Flash Technology, MNIT Allahabad organized by IEEE at MNIT, Allahabad (February, 2012).
|Dr. Monika Sachdeva
Head of Department
Mobile no.: +91-946-588-4822