The discipline of Mechanical Engineering involves the application of principles of engineering, physics, and material sciences for the design, analysis, manufacturing and maintenance of mechanical systems. It includes the design, production and operation of machinery. The Department of Mechanical Engineering has been designed keeping in mind the growing demand for specialized courses in the field of mechanical engineering upto the doctoral research level. The Department aims to produce quality professionals in the widest and the largest branch of engineering to compete globally and excel by carrying out basic and applied research in emerging areas by forging strong industry-academic interaction. The major strength of the Department is its experienced and enthusiastic teaching faculty and well supportive technical staff for laboratories. The Department is upcoming with advanced laboratories and centralized workshop that caters to the need of the entire Institute. The Department is also well equipped with computational facilities and resources both in terms of hardware and software.
|1||B. Tech. Mechanical Engineering||4 years / 8 Semesters||60||Download|
|2||M. Tech.- Mechanical Engineering||2 years / 4 Semesters||25||Download|
|3||Doctor of Philosophy||3-5 Years||–||Download|
Our Faculty Members
The Department conducts research in many frontier areas like Surface Engineering, Corrosion Science & Engineering, Heat Transfer, Modelling & Simulation, Alternative Energy resources, Conventional & Non-Conventional Machining, Rapid Prototyping, Textile Engineering Applications, and Welding.
Department has major thrust areas of research in High Temperature Erosion-Corrosion of Materials, Protective Coating & Surface Engineering, Degradation Behaviour of Nanocrystalline Coating, Joining of Dissimilar Materials by Friction Welding, Friction Stir Welding & Processing, Fatigue & Fracture Study, Thermal Spraying, Microwave Absorption Coating, Modelling & Simulation, Rapid Prototyping and Engineering Materials.
- Hand-on learning: Our programs emphasize experimental and interactive learning methods with laboratories, projects and industrial training.
- Flexibility: The curriculum allows students to choose various elective courses to pursue their own interests and research in the field of design, manufacturing or thermal.
- Individual faculty interaction: The Department has a good strength of regular faculty that enables one-on-one interaction with students in course work and research. The faculty members of the Department are well qualified, having rich experience in teaching, research and consultancy work.
Faculty Participation/Paper Presentation in Conferences
- Vikas Chawla attended International Conference on Advancements and Futuristic Trends in Mechanical and Materials Engineering by Society of Materials and Mechanical Engineers (SOMME) and Baba Farid College of Engineering and Technology, Bathinda, (Punjab) (February 25 – 27, 2016) and presented the following two papers: Experimental investigation of tensile strength of M.S. rods with different edge preparation and A comparison of the wear behavior of Fe-C-Cr based hardfacing alloys on ASTM A36 steel
- Dr. Vikas Chawla attended 1st International Conference on Latest Development in Material, Manufacturing and Quality Control (MMQC), Tribological Behaviour of PVD Hard Coated Hot Forging Die Steels- A Perspective Review by Giani Zail Singh Campus College of Engineering & Technology Bathinda, Punjab India, (February 13 – 14, 2016)
- Dr. Jujhar Singh attended STTP on “Finite Element Method and workshop on applications of smart materials”, Indian Institute of Technology, Mandi, Himachal Pradesh (July 13 to July 17, 2015).
|Dr. Vikas Chawla
Head of Department
Mobile no.: +91-941-795-3530
Mobile no.: 8528449270