Dr. Vandana Naithani
Assistant Professor, Chemical Sciences
Dr. Vandana Naithani, Assistant Professor has over 16 years of teaching and research experience and Administrative experience of 3 years In IKG PTU. She has organised various workshops, seminar and worked on establishing Entrepreneurship development cells (EDC) of the university and also worked as Ph.D. coordinator in the university. She has published 7 Research Papers in journals of International and National repute. She has presented Research papers in various national and international conferences. Her area of interest is Environmental Chemistry specially working on Soil and Water pollution. Currently she is also involved in the synthesis of catalysts and their applications in removal of air and water pollution. She is currently guiding one PhD student and three post graduate students (M.Sc.-Chemistry).
- Ph.D - Study of Effects of Organic Content and Minerals in Retention of Pesticide on Soil of Ferozepur and its Adjoining Areas, Punjab Technical University, Jalandhar (2013)
- B.Ed - Panjab Univ., Chandigarh (2003)
- PGDCA - K.U, Kurukshetra (2001)
- M.Sc. - H.N.B Garhwal Univ., Uttarakhand (1999)
- B.Sc. (Medical) , Panjab Univ., Chandigarh (1997)
- I taught at R.S.D.College, Firozpur, (affiliated to Punjab University, Chandigarh) and now teaching at Main campus IKGPTU. My teaching experience consists of 13 years. I taught compulsory paper in Environment Sciences at undergraduate level and Postgraduate level.
- During my PhD, I worked on the chemical behavior of soil organic matter especially humic acid and clay minerals with pesticides.
- Worked as Industry Coordinator with IKGPTU, Kapurthala from 2011-2014.
- Worked on establishing Entrepreneurship development cells (EDC). Business clubs were opened in nine colleges of IKGPTU.
- Coordinate activities of innovation during which students got awards.
- Convener of Eco farm to be established in IKGPTU.
- Responsible for organizing & conducting workshops and organized 5 workshops.
- Coordinated PhD programme of IKGPTU.
- Vandana Naithani, Anirudh P. Singh.A Comparative Study of Clay Minerals of South-Western Region of Punjab, India. 2nd International Conference on Environment, Chemistry and Biology IPCBEE vol.59 (2013) © (2013) IACSIT Press, Singapore. DOI: 10.7763/IPCBEE. 2013. V59. 21.pp 107-113.
- Vandana Naithani and Anirudh P. Singh.Identification of Mixed Layers in Clays of Similar Texture. Global Journal of Applied Environmental Sciences ISSN 2248-9932 Volume 4, Number 1 (2014), pp. 7-20.