The International Resource Centre for Universal Human Values & Ethics at I.K. Gujral Punjab Technical University, Jalandhar is focused on facilitating the humanization of education globally. Human education would ensure definite humane conduct in the students enabling them to have the vision, commitment, competence and practice to make effort for a humane society. The centre aspires to be a living model of a humane family.
Centre is dedicated for the development of resource persons in Human Values, focused effort for preparation of Resource Persons through Faculty Development Programme and facilitating the Conduct of Foundation Course in affiliated institutions. The Foundation Course in Human Values and Professional Ethics has been introduced in 2011 and is consistently running as an essential credit course in Punjabi, Hindi and English and the examinations are conducted in all three languages. Today, more than 40 Universities in 8 states of India, 2 Universities in Bhutan, 3 Universities in Pakistan and 1 University in Nepal are experimenting with this Universal Human Values approach.
Centre organizes various 1 day / 3 days / 8 days’ residential and non-residential workshop for teachers, students and different segments of society. The Centre also organizes national and international conference on Human Values in higher education every year.
|PG Diploma – Human Values||1 year||10||Download|
|M. Tech. – Holistic Development Systems and Technologies||2 years||10||Download|
* Admission in the above programs will be done through centralized counselling. As per past practice, the final selection of the registered candidates will be made through interview panel, constituted by the competent authority. Suitable stipend will be provided as approved by the competent authority.
The center focuses on research in Holistic Technologies and Systems like Rural Energy Technologies, Systems for Watershed Management, Self sufficiency of villages, Holistic Mess, Floating Water Turbine, and Technologies for Animal Husbandry, Solar etc. The main objective is to encourage students to contribute for the society and work on real time projects.
- Real Time Projects: Our course deals with real time problems of society. It facilitates students to develop the competence to begin to actualize the holistic vision in their life and in the process, work toward a humane society.
- Traditional or Alternate Technologies: Learning from typical traditional knowledge systems, technologies and social systems. Like Smokeless Chulha etc.
- Social Entrepreneurship: specifically aimed at developing the competence for taking up social entrepreneurship as a viable profession and make effort for prosperity.
- Management by Relationship: Centre focuses on Human-to-human relationship and human-to-nature relationship to assume prime importance rather than ‘profit maximization’.
- Flexibility: The curriculum allows students to choose Thesis area to pursue their own interests and research.
- Natural and Environment: The centre is having natural environment with greenery. The entire staff member takes lunch with the students. Center is having its own kitchen garden also where students do daily labor from 4 PM to 5 PM as part of their course curriculum and produce organic vegetables.
- Workshop Hall: The center is having a workshop hall, where 8 days residential workshops on human values are organized.
- Departmental Library: Centre is having its own library reference books related to courses offered by Centre.
- Herbal Garden: Students at IRC are developing a herbal garden also which consists more than 50 herbs. Centre is having a pantry where students may experiment on preparation of healthy food and health drinks.
|1.||Dr. Rishi Raj Gaur||Prof. of Mechanical Engineering (Retd.) & Ex. Head- National Resource Center for Value Education in Engineering, IIT Delhi||Internal Combustion Engine, Renewable Rural Energy Systems, Integration of Science, Technology & Human Values|
|2.||Prof. Ganesh Prasad Bagaria||Prof. of Electronics and Communication Engineering (Retd.) & Coordinator, Value Education Cell, AKTU, Lucknow||Value Education (Universal Human Values|
|3.||Sh. Rajul Asthana||Former Vice President, Satyam Computers Learning Center & Former Director, IRC-UHVE, IKG PTU Kapurthala||Value Education (Universal Human Values, Natural Farming, Corporate Learning|
Events (FDPs / Workshops / Seminars)
- The IRC-UHVE has organized 8-day residential Teachers orientation Program (TOP) & Refreshers workshops – Till date 34 TOP’s & 3 Refreshers workshops & 18 (3 days awareness workshops) conducted successfully. At least 3500 teachers familiarized with UHV.
- IKG PTU has been organizing “International Conference on Human Values in Higher Education” (ICHVHE) since 2012. Till 2017 total 6 ICHVHE have been organized. IKG PTU hosted the 3rd ICHVHE in 2014 at IKG PTU- Kapurthala (Punjab) in collaboration with IIIT- Hyderabad, IIT (BHU) Varanasi and RUB Bhutan.
- The 6th ICHVHE 2017 was organized in collaboration with IIIT- Hyderabad, IIT (BHU) – Varanasi, IIT- Kanpur, AGI – Rajkot, AKTU – Lucknow and RUB Bhutan in 2017 at IIT – Kanpur (Uttar Pradesh)
- National Seminar on Integrating Human Values in Technical Education is organized by Punjab Technical University, Jalandhar in collaboration with IIT Delhi, IIT Kanpur, SSUN Delhi & IIIT Hyderabad in Nov 2010. It was held at NIT, Jalandhar. The honourable Governor of Punjab & Chancellor PTU, Sh. Shivraj Patil inaugurates the seminar and provides his best wishes. There are 322 participants from 13 states. 50 VC’s, Chairpersons, Directors/Principals.
- 6 Days National workshop on Data Analytics in association with Science & Engineering Research Board, Department of Science &Technology (DST), Government of India, New Delhi was organized in June 2016. A total of 40 participants (Assistant Professors, Research Scholars & Students) from 10 states & 13 universities are participating in the workshop.