The University Grants Commission vide its letter no F.1-16/2007 (CPP-II) dated June 17, 2009 has reiterated the ban on ragging of students in Institutions of Higher Learning. The students are therefore directed to strictly desist from any kind of ragging.
Forms of Ragging: Display of noisy, disorderly conduct, teasing, excitement by rough or rude treatment or handling, including rowdy, undisciplined activities which cause or are likely to cause annoyance, undue hardship, physical or psychological harm or raise apprehensive fear in a fresher, or asking the students to do any act or perform something which such a student will not do in the ordinary course and which causes him/her shame or embarrassment or danger to his/her life, etc.
Ragging Free Campus
Important Instructions for Students. According to Hon’able Supreme Court of India
- Ragging in Educational Institutions is banned.
- Ragging is a cognizable offence.
- Senior students are advised not to indulge in ragging.
- Ragging entails heavy fines and/or suspension/expulsion from hostel/mess/institute.
- Ragging is an undesirable social offence which is totally banned in the institute.
- No act of ragging shall be tolerated and any act of ragging shall not go unnoticed and unpunished.
- In case of ragging please don’t keep quite, bring it into the notice of authorities.
- It is mandatory for the parents to inform the authorities if their ward get ragged.